- New Deal art experts say painting over mural was vandalism
A mural of constellations in the night sky adorned a third-floor ceiling at DeWitt Clinton High School for more than ...
- AP Explains: Rebooting Poor People’s Campaign 50 years later
Thousands of anti-poverty activists have launched a campaign in recent weeks modeled after the Rev. Martin Luther King Jr.'s Poor ...
- Peregrine falcons soaring again at Lake Mead
The peregrine falcon can target prey up to a mile away and dive on it at more than 200 mph, ...
- Event Calendar | June 17, 2018
Event Calendar | June 17, 2018
- Colorado wildfire forces nearly 2K evacuations amid drought
The threat of hot, windy weather and thunderstorms Thursday posed more problems for firefighters battling a Colorado wildfire that has ...
- Dear Abby | Father’s day is bitter reminder for daughter mourning her dad
I got a stepdad when I was a young teen. He never tried to replace my dad, and was very ...
- Horoscopes | June 17, 2018
AQUARIUS (Jan. 20-Feb. 18): You may have waited too long to make a change if you’ve been procrastinating. Make sure ...
- Happy Dad's Day
Remembering dear old, Dad
- Dear Abby | Son lives in constant fear for unhappy mom’s welfare
My mother-in-law constantly talks to my husband about committing suicide because she’s not happy with her life or her husband. ...
- Horoscopes | June 15, 2018
PISCES (Feb. 19-March 20): Hard work will pay off. Paying attention to someone you care about will bring high returns.
- Melting of Antarctica is speeding up, worrying scientists
Shepherd cautioned that this is not a formal study that determines human fingerprints on climate events.
- Dear Abby | Retired man gives his own generation the silent treatment
He may avoid companions his own age because they remind him that he, too, is getting older.
- Horoscopes | June 14, 2018
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Strive to stand out when dealing with peers or work-related matters. Your contribution should be based ...
- Dear Abby | Couple’s plans hit a snag over detour to a strip club
You escalated the situation and you shouldn’t have. However, if you feel so strongly about strip clubs, perhaps you should ...
- Horoscopes | June 13, 2018
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Consider your options carefully. Someone will do whatever it takes to persuade you to go against ...
- Even in death, John Gillman keeps on helping
On April 13, local outdoorsman and master of all trades, John Gillman, died after suffering a massive heart attack.
- Parker, Wolsey win KBC tourney at Lake Powell
According to Donnie Scroggins, president of the KBC, six teams participated in the event. And all were successful.
- Spending time alone in nature is good for your mental and emotional health
Silence and solitude are increasingly viewed as “dead” or “unproductive” time, and being alone makes many Americans uncomfortable and anxious.
- Increased deaths and illnesses from inhaling airborne dust: An understudied impact of climate change
As researchers working at the intersection of environmental health, air pollution and climate change, we wanted to know how increasing ...
- Dear Abby | Dad’s rocky relationship makes life a bumpy ride
What’s going on is not your fault. You should not assume responsibility for their problems because you can’t fix them.
- Horoscopes | June 12, 2018
GEMINI (May 21-June 20): Control your emotions if you want to avoid making an emotional mistake. Take a step back ...
- Tudesay is the deadline to apply for fall big-game tags
To apply, go to https://draw.azxgfd.gov/ and scroll down to the “Apply for a Draw.”
- Attempting to revamp a franchise
Safe women seldom make history. Silver screen suffragettes, Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, Mindy Kaling, Helena Bonham Carter, Rihanna, Anne Hathaway, ...
- Kingman Photo | Daring to Persevere
The lifeskill was for perseverance.